Wednesday 15 August 2012

An almost ordinary night on 20m: JT65 DX thrill


The sunspot number is 73...the K index is 1. Looks like an ordinary august night. I'll show you how it looks like with the JT65 mode. I am using the JT65-HF program here, with my TS-850S using 40w to vertical inverted delta loop. (Here is my station info).
Australia  and others contacted at about 22PM GMT...and many others heard me, as seen below 
pskreporter.info: These stations heard me calling CQ. Zooming on US below
US zoomed in the map above.
I had a few nice DX contacts tonight with this mode. Yes, a lot more stations than I can image with SSB. Yes, CW competes (almost) with this, and sometimes also that is funny. Yes, I agree, there is not very much information exchanged in JT65 QSO, but quite real signal strength reports (S/N in dB) anyway! You may agree, that it's not very common in CW and SSB...59 right? ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment