(No, I am not serious, but let's play with the idea anyway, for fun.)
What would be the optimal price list of Pile-up Services Inc? At least these things affect the pricing:
- The time spent on the pile-up. A separate station verifies this with SDR.
- The length of the call used. For example my call is quite expensive, especially in CW pileups.
- The default pricing is based on using automatic CW&SSB calling. If manual calls are required (for authenticity/ecological or whatever reasons) the price should be higher.
- The more sunspots, the cheaper service. The K index works as price multiplicator.
- The Premium service includes all bands, and the De Luxe service contains all bands and modes.
Money back guarantees needed:
- Money back for failed QSO.
- Money back for ruining client's reputation by calling on the dx frequency
We have seen this hobby developing a lot with Dx cluster, skimmers, reverse beacons etc, and this would be the next step. What a perfect hobby, isn't it?